Saturday, October 8, 2016

Sunday Suggestion 10/09/16

Sex, Lies and Sweet Tea by Kris Calvert
available free with Kindle Unlimited 




This book truly deserves a standing ovation. So well written and the characters were developed beautifully. Kris Calvert is the real deal. The cliffhanger had me frantically searching for the second book and I promptly began reading. If you have Kindle Unlimited the first book is included for free. I believe all of them are on Scribd and I promise its worth using one of you book allotments.

As I said on my previous post I am a sucker for a single mom fairy tale and this one happens to be set in my home state of Alabama so of course it had that going for it from the beginning.  Mac Callahan is a single, smoking hot, FBI agent who happens to have a mother living at the nursing home Autumn Valley, the same one he is investigating for suspicious activity. At his first visit to the nursing home he manages to create a ruckus and literally runs into Samantha Peterson. Sam's grandmother is also a resident of the facility and she has accepted a job in the administration office. Sam is a widowed mother who is not interested in dating anyone due to the loyalty she has to her late husband but she can't deny the instant attraction to Mac and soon they begin to explore the attraction. Mac keeps working his case and Sam tries to deal with her quirky coworkers and balances being a single mom. Of course, they fall in love but their are plenty of obstacles they must both overcome.

This is a good begining novel to a series. The clifhanger I mentioned is the type that you have enough of an ending to stop if you choose but to me the wriring is so enjoyable to read I couldn't help but keep going. I highly recommened this read to anyone who enjoys a romantic book with plenty of suspense and family drama to keep you captivated.










No comments:

Post a Comment