Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Book Review: Cupcakes, Trinkets and other Deadly Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge


17983893.jpg

Overall Rating: ♔♔♔♔ (4)
Romance Rating: ❤❤ (2)
Suspense Rating: ★★★★ (4.5)
Action: ➹➹➹➹ (4)

What a surprise!! I downloaded this book because it was a featured book on iBooks for free and I can't turn down a free book! I did not read the synopsis and that is not unusual for me but when I started reading the book I was instantly intrigued. I would have more than likely avoided this book if I had been aware of the vampires and werewolf involvement but I am so glad I kept reading. I enjoyed the realistic feel to this story. I love that the ending of the book hints to a chance of romance for Jade in the future but I wish the bad guy hadn’t been so predictable. Although there were some interesting twists at the end I feel like the end was rushed and maybe a little incomplete. I would recommend this read for someone who is looking for a different murder mystery with the mention of some delicious desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment