Saturday, August 2, 2014

5 Crown Book Review: On the Rocks by Sawyer Bennett

Overall Rating: ♔♔♔♔♔(5)
Romance: ❤❤❤❤(4.5)
Humor: ✌✌✌✌ (4)
Action: ➹➹➹➹ (4)


I am notoriously stingy with my crowns, or stars, on my book reviews but this one deserves all five. This was my first Sawyer Bennett novel and she did not disappoint. This book was will written with deep, emotional, charismatic characters that allowed you to connect to the story.  The chemistry between Hunter and Gabby was tangible and electric and I loved being able to experience both characters perspective throughout the book.


    This book is set in the North Carolina banks with a professional surfer and a general contractor as the main characters. I loved how Gabby's profession in the book wasn't typical and I believe it gave the book a flare that many are missing. Hunter and Gabby's lives have been intertwined for as long as they can remember because Casey, Hunters little sister, and Gabby are best friends. After graduation Hunter and Gabby share a kiss but they only fight over the next five years until Hunter is thrown back into Gabby's life when she is forced to offer him a business proposal to save her late father's company and make a name for herself as a female general contractor. Hunter has given up his surfing career to help his brother acclimate after getting out of prison but what happens when he gets the opportunity of a lifetime and it doesn't seem so wonderful?

Favorite quote from the book: "I would make him see I was the best person for the job...my lack of a penis be damned."


No comments:

Post a Comment